cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV OWA Frontend Extensions install

Alan_M
Level 6
I installed the EV FE extensions onto my frontend box and due to a problem I ended up uninstalling them. However, I am not attempting to reinstall and I am getting a dialog box warning me that the extensions require changes to the MS controls folder that the files are original and the EV changes have not been made.

I'm assuming that this is because of the original install. However, can anyone confirm that this is the case and more importantly can I continue with the install and will it be successful. If not how do I fix this problem?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

SymcMarj
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Nue,

That is the reason why you are getting that prompt. The extension install looks at the file version and modified date. If it doesnt match the date of the SP it will not touch them.

To verify that it includes all EV items refer to http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/273155.htm

for additional information on what to look for in the XSL files.

Logan_Sutterfie
Level 4
Accredited
What was the reason for the failure?

I woulod completely remove the extensions and re-install.

There is an owa setup log that you can reference.

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
it could also be that exchange sp2 bug...it creates a new folder for the control files. So in order to make it work you need to copy the EV control files in to the newly numbered folder.

micah