cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Outlook Add-In 10.0.2/10.0.1

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install Outlook Add-In on a PC running Windows 7 + Office 2010 and I'm getting the following error:

"Outlook 2010 or later is installed on this coputer. You must install the Enterprise Vault Http-Only Outlook Add-in".

Then:

"Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook AddIn Setup ended prematurely"

If you take a look at the installed programs in Control Panel, It's there. And also if you open Outlook. But I'm asked for credentials when I try to open an archived email.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards.

Juan Antonio.

24 REPLIES 24

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

At a problem pc (asking for username/password), please run a client trace and post the results here (please in an attachment).

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38096

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Thanks ZeRoC00L. I'll try (ASAP).

By the way, we're running Windows 7 64bit and Office 2010 32bit (just in case).

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks, will wait for it.

Did you run the outlook add-in by right-click setup.exe and select run as administrator ?

Also make sure the files setup.exe and Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in.msi are in the same folder.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Attached you will find the log.

The Outlook add-in was installed as local administrator. And yes, both those files are in the same folder.

Thanks again and best regards.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Finally I solved problem. I tried with all the scenarios of technote sent by ZeroC00L without succes. I have repeat them and it was Scenario 1: Site is not listed in the Intranet Zone. Once you add the names there you have to Synchronize and then wait some time (I didn't wait enough forst time).

We have been using EV since more than 2 years ago without having the EV servers names defined there. Now, since I started with some Windows 7 users, this problem arrives. Not only for W7 users but also for some of the XP users. And also with a strange dependency wit the computer a user is logged in (not the same behaviour for the same user in different computers). I don't understand why but now I need to define my servers there. 

Thanks.