cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Outlook Add-in in non-persistent VDIs

CallMeCarl
Level 0

Hi, 

I would like to deploy outlook to my non-persistent desktops. I wish to set the OVRootDirectory to another location other than c:\users\%username%\AppData\local\KVS only for when a user logins to the specific VDIs in question. I have not been able to figure it out. Any thoughts on how can I redirect the folder and set the path. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I am pretty sure its done via registry or script.

Maybe this will help you:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/126522910-126522918-0/v40239872-126522918

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This folder can be set either in the Desktop Policy or in the client workstation Registry. However, EV doesn't have any way to monitor the condition on which you want to trigger this (logging into a specific machine), so you can't really target a policy at this condition. That means you're left with the Registry option.

You can set the OVRootDirectory under either the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive or the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. The former can be done once per machine and will apply to any user who logs on (which sounds like it would work for you), while the latter would need to be set for each user as part of a logon script (which would also work but is more complicated for no real benefit).

So to accomplish your goal, I think the best option is to create the REG_SZ named OVRootDirectory under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client and set its value to the path you want.

--Chris