cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy EV Addin on Windows 10

MON_AB
Level 4

Hey guys,

because Windows 10 Clients are getting more present in the company I tried to create a new GPO for installing the Addin on the clients, but it won't work.

At the moment I have EV 12.3 installed and we are using EV12.3 Client on Windows 7 64 Bit with Outlook 2010. Domain Controller is Server 2012 R2.

For my Windows 7 Clients I have a GPO with a Batch File (.bat) under Computer Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Scripts/Start/ with the following Syntax:

msiexec /I \\server01\EVOutlookv12.3.AddinPerMachine.msi /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL=Disable /l*v %temp%\EVClient.log.

This works like charm on my Windows 7 clients.

When I use the same policy for deploying the Addin to a Windows 10 clients, I find the error message "Unsufficiant privilages to install - Contact your system administrator" in the EVLog file on the Win 10 client.

I have disabled the UAC on the Win 10 Client, but the same error message.

Then I tried to modify the GPO to use Computer Configuration/Policies/Software Settings/Software Installation/ and pointed to the share path of the EV Addin msi file.

Made gpupdate /force on the Win10 Client and did a reboot.

When I make a gpresult /H c:\result.html I can see that the Software Installation has been triggered, but when I look in the Installed windows programs, I can see that nothing has been installed.

Any ideas how I can deploy the EV Addin on my windows 10 client?

Doing it with my windows 7 clients, was really easy.

2 REPLIES 2

kelly23
Level 2

We have been long looking for the windows 10 screen recorder here and it is so easy to record the screen.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For installing with UAC enabled, you need to execute (or include?) the setup.exe delivered with the client msi

Can you try that? If you do a manual install, does that work?

GJ

Regards. Gertjan