cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV System Mailbox

Alan_M
Level 6
When creating a mailbox task the wizard asks to use the EV system mailbox or to pick one from the server. I was told that I should create an ev mailbox account for every exchange server in addition to ev service (admin) account.

This seems redundant. Is there any reason why the ev service (admin) account could not use its own mailbox as opposed to creating a separate account/mailbox for every Exchange server.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Barnes
Level 4
Partner
If you plan on archving from any exchange server you need a system mailbox for the task to use. If you do not select a mailbox EV will create one for you.

Rick_Krieger_-_
Level 3
One EV System Mailbox per Exchange Server you are archiving from.
Don't use it for anything else
Don't mailbox enable the vault service account and use it as an EV system mailbox
Best bet is to create them manually.
It's a requirement and not sure if there is a way around it... but since MS is not charging by the mailbox I wouldn't worry about it too much.

:)
Rick

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I believe having an EV system mailbox on each server helps performance too. Since EV is using Outlook profiles to connect to your Exchange server. Having the system mailbox local means it connects directly to that Exchange server.Message was edited by:
Jason Szeto