Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV can't automatically archive newly added user's mail

A_W
Level 4

Hello all,

my enviroment:

EV 9 is archiving exchange 2003 running on windows 2003.

I created a distribution list - ALL, and all exchange mail users are in the distribution list. when a new user is coming, I will put him into the list- ALL.

But I found that EV does not archive the newly added user automatically, but EV is still archiving the previously users, who is in the list -ALL.

Don't know why.

would you like help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chriscolden
Level 4

The error 41133 is saying that you have users enabled which are no longer apart of a provisioning group. Have you since removed these affected users from the DL? Or removed the DL from the provisioning group targets?

A good place to start would be to confirm that the users which are not archiving, are the one's not part of a provisioning group and causing the error to be reported. You can verify this by following the instructions below.

Identify the Exchange Mailboxes:

a. From the folder "Enterprise Vault installation path\Reports", open the file "Exchange Provisioning Task Report for Exchange Domain yyyymmddhhmmss.txt" where yyyymmddhhmmss is the time stamp of the file's creation. Open the one created at the time when the Exchange Provisioning Task that logged the error started to run.

b. In this file, after the line "Mailboxes on Exchange Server [Exchange Server Network Name] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group:", is presented a list with the Full Mailbox Directory Names of all the issued Exchange Mailboxes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Ok so you provisioned the user, does the provisioning group have "automatically enabled" set? Has the user been enabled? Can you synchronize them? Can you run a report on them through report mode? Can you archive manually through outlook?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

A_W
Level 4

yes, the provisioning group have "automatically enabled" set.

all the users have benn enalbed, I can sync them.I can archive these users manually through outlook.

but when I run the provisioning task in the report mode, I get a 41133 error.

chriscolden
Level 4

The error 41133 is saying that you have users enabled which are no longer apart of a provisioning group. Have you since removed these affected users from the DL? Or removed the DL from the provisioning group targets?

A good place to start would be to confirm that the users which are not archiving, are the one's not part of a provisioning group and causing the error to be reported. You can verify this by following the instructions below.

Identify the Exchange Mailboxes:

a. From the folder "Enterprise Vault installation path\Reports", open the file "Exchange Provisioning Task Report for Exchange Domain yyyymmddhhmmss.txt" where yyyymmddhhmmss is the time stamp of the file's creation. Open the one created at the time when the Exchange Provisioning Task that logged the error started to run.

b. In this file, after the line "Mailboxes on Exchange Server [Exchange Server Network Name] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group:", is presented a list with the Full Mailbox Directory Names of all the issued Exchange Mailboxes.

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Post the details of the error as that will help. Also have a look at this - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH53096

A_W
Level 4

Thanks all.

I've looked at this article -

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH53096

and I konw why the error 14433 happened. Because I removed some users from the DL. (these users are not in the DL any more).

But my issue is EV does not automatically archive the newly added users in the DL - ALL.

Description for the DL - ALL

The DL - ALL is created for all employees in my company, as some employees will leave us, some employees will join us, so the members of DL-ALL are often changed.

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Do they eventually get processed?  I assume you don't have the initially suspend archiving option selected on the provisioning group (just under automatically enable)?

If you do a Run Now against a selected mailbox (one of the newly added mailboxes) does it archive OK?  If not I'd capture a Dtrace from the Archiving Task while doing the Run Now.  This should help to show why.

Thanks

Karl