cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV not automatically archiving

vivavilla
Level 3

Hi all, hoping someone can help here. EV doesn't seem to want to archive emails automatically anymore. Here's what's been happening:

I enabled a user for archiving about a week or so ago. Things went fine at first, until the user shutdown their laptop before the process had finished. A few days later when they came back into the office, I was unable to get the archiving back up and running at all. I've tried manually synchronising from the client, running the archiving tasks from the server, and while there are no errors and everything seems to be ok, no emails will archive.

Interestingly, manually archiving individual emails does work.

Any ideas what I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

To be honist it looks ok to me

7  Folders scanned
32443  Items checked for eligibility for archiving (IsEligible)
742  items not archived because they are 'unread'
742  Shortcuts checked and will not be deleted because they are not old enough to be deleted

CArchivingAgent::isEligibleForArchive -Either the item is a document or it doesn't have an attachment. UserMailbox=[/o=xx/ou=xx/cn=xx/cn=xx.Javed] MsgTitle= [Conversation with xxx Hickman, xxx Javed]

Please verify that some of those messages do have attached documents?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

Are all the items marked as pending? Are you using quota based archiving?

From what the user did, it should have no affect on server side archiving...

vivavilla
Level 3

That's what I thought, I'm totally stumped as to why it won't pick back up again.

To answer your questions, no items are marked as pending and there is no quota in place.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

turn on dtrace, run a archive now on that user...

vivavilla
Level 3

Ok, I chose the category "Mailbox archiving issues", then ran both a manual sync and a server task. The file is pretty big though, 38MB.

Is there anything in particular I should be loooking out for?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

Yes, is it archinig or not? add the dtrace to .zip it will come down a lot in size...

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

Hi

/me thinks 

20096   13:17:24.750     [2012] (ArchiveTask)   <2848>  EV:M    ArchivingAgent::isEligibleForArchive - Honouring Attachment Only Archiving setting!|

20097   13:17:24.750     [2012] (ArchiveTask)   <2848>  EV:M    CArchivingAgent::isEligibleForArchive -Either the item is a document or it doesn't have an attachment. UserMailbox=[/o=xx/ou=xx/cn=Recipients/cn=xx.xx] MsgTitle= [Conversation with xxx xxx, xxx xxx]

Does that help?

vivavilla
Level 3

The thing is though that there definitely ARE emails in this mailbox with attachments. The log seems to suggest that every email it scans doesn't have one, which suggests it's not scanning the emails it needs to, or it's scanning them incorrectly.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

50  Mailboxes processed for archiving - Process User

Could you run it on just that user? like i asked first time round?

vivavilla
Level 3

Yes, this still doesn't make a difference - do you want the dtrace log for this also?

vivavilla
Level 3

Attached the log. I'm no expert but it does look as though it's scanning the emails, just not finding any to archive (I have enabled the option to only archive emails with attachments).

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

Well it does make a diffrence

nitr8@foxy:~/Desktop$ cat TRACE_LOG_15032011_131543.LOG | wc -l

saves me trawling through 263841 lines of trace

vivavilla
Level 3

To be fair I've just run it on the user and it has even more lines now, 304030 to be exact.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

To be honist it looks ok to me

7  Folders scanned
32443  Items checked for eligibility for archiving (IsEligible)
742  items not archived because they are 'unread'
742  Shortcuts checked and will not be deleted because they are not old enough to be deleted

CArchivingAgent::isEligibleForArchive -Either the item is a document or it doesn't have an attachment. UserMailbox=[/o=xx/ou=xx/cn=xx/cn=xx.Javed] MsgTitle= [Conversation with xxx Hickman, xxx Javed]

Please verify that some of those messages do have attached documents?