cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV upgrade to version 10/Exchange 2010

New2EV
Level 3

Hi,

I am in the pipeline of upgrading our exchange and ev environment from version  8.0.5.1048 on a single server. Exchange is 2007 to go to 2010

Is there an easier way of doing this without having to go through from ver 8 to 9 then 10?

Is it possible to restore backed up data directly to the new EV 10 environment if the new servers have the same names as those of EV 8?

At which point should I upgrade exchange, before or after the ev upgrade?

I would appreciate if you could outline the steps.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You will have to go from ver8 to 9 and then to 10 unfortunately. This is the upgrade guide:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC4441

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You will have to go from ver8 to 9 and then to 10 unfortunately. This is the upgrade guide:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC4441

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Technically you can upgrade directly from EV8 to EV10 but it is not recommended as you would have to build an entire Ev10 environment and then migrate users archives from EV8 to EV10. These kind of upgrades are only when you want to build a new EV environment and also maintaining users archives from an old EV environment. It's long winded and time consuming and it also requires much more wotk than an in-built upgrade. It will require third party tools for migration EV-EV migration.

Is there a specific reason why you need to skip EV9 upgrade? Typically people upgrade step version as suggested by Percy (Symantec).

You need to upgrade EV to EV9 first in order for your EV to support Exchange 2010. Once that is done install setup Ev to target your exchange 2010 server or DAG etc.

New2EV
Level 3

Guys thanks for this,

I just wondered if it might be easier to upgrade directly to 10.

Our current EV 8 is 32bit although running on 64bit servers, would I be able to upgrade this directly to version 9 64bit?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes you will be able to upgrade EV8 (32bit) to EV9(64bit) 

Note: EV10 can be installed only on Wn 2008R2 server.

New2EV
Level 3

Can you please give a brief outline to the steps involved?