cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV with Bloomberg and Reuters

lbeldean
Level 2
Employee Accredited Certified
I can't find any documentation on this.  Does EV (working with EV2007 right now) support both email and IM from Bloomberg and Reuters?  Is there any third party software needed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
EV can work with both of these. 

For Bloomberg you will need a Bloomberg Importer utility, third party app.

For IM if you use IM Manager ( now owned by Symantec) it can import directly into an archive, other wise you set it up to be exported to a journal mailbox and it gets imported that way.  You have some options so I would recommend approaching you sales person.

You may wish to search this forum for Bloomberg and read up on previous conversations, as it has been discussed a few times.

Here is one link for you to read up on:

Cheers,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
EV can work with both of these. 

For Bloomberg you will need a Bloomberg Importer utility, third party app.

For IM if you use IM Manager ( now owned by Symantec) it can import directly into an archive, other wise you set it up to be exported to a journal mailbox and it gets imported that way.  You have some options so I would recommend approaching you sales person.

You may wish to search this forum for Bloomberg and read up on previous conversations, as it has been discussed a few times.

Here is one link for you to read up on:

Cheers,

Scott_H_2
Level 3
Following up on this question, does LCS have the ability to forward IM's to Exchange, then to be archived by EV? or do you need IM Manager to make this happen?

Harry_Maroudas
Level 4
LCS can archive conversations but not to Exchange. IMO it's not pretty though. Office Communicator can email the conversations to you (File Save as E-Mail) and then you can vault them.  From personal experience, IM Manager would be the best way to archive IMs.

Message Edited by Harry Maroudas on 08-16-200711:02 AM