cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived Items not opening in Microsoft Outlook 2003

markbn2
Level 2
On opening an archived item I only retrieve the contents of the message stub and see the standard blue box with "This Message has been archived"

Enterprise Vault is fully operational and I can get to items using Archive Explorer or Search Vault

Outlook is 2003 SP2 - Enterprise Vault is 6.0 SP4 running with the same version of user extensions

Tried turning off cached mode
Tried turning off proxy server completely in IE

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Mark
6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you mean when you double click the shortcut in Outlook and it opens in a new window?

Are you using Citrix?
Is the mailbox a shared mailbox or the users?

What do you have set on the Shortcut Tab for the following?

What happens when a user double-clicks a shortcut to open it 
Whether double-clicking a shortcut displays its properties or its contents 

markbn2
Level 2
Yes thats right - I can see the archived items in the Outlook 2003 MAPI client. I double click an item that is sucesfully archived and as expected another window pops up which the first XXX characters of the email and the message "This Message Has Been Archived"

Not using Citrix - This is happening on a few of our workstations but not sure why.

No they are not shared mailboxes - personal mailboxes

There isn't actually any shortcut or way I can see to get to the complete message. The way I have been getting round it is by finding the item in Archive Explorer or Search Vault

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You have to look in the Vault Admin Console at the shortcut settings.

Does this happen to all users or just a few?  If it is not all users the shortcut settings is a goose chase.

If it is just this user does he have the Outlvbs.dll file on his machine?

Philip_Major
Level 4
I have noticed sometimes due to various localised pc client issues legacy firewalls, scripting host missing, manually entered dns entries etc that sometimes the required forms that are submitted to public folders thaven't propagated the forms section in outlook. double check the forms section in outlook under

|tools|options|advanced options|custom forms|manage forms

Navigating to this location is slighty different on Outlook 2003 I'm using Outlook 2007 as an example

markbn2
Level 2
It only happens to a number of users - actually has been working fine for ages and then all of a sudden..... :)

The Outlvbs.dll file does exist - bit bizaar really - not sure where to go with this?

markbn2
Level 2
I have checked the scripting host is present in the installation

There are no firewalls between the users and the servers - all same site - just on different VLAN's

I have checked the forms and they do appear under Organisational Forms - I assume this is correct?

Actually just clicked the "Clear Cache" button in there and it started working - thank you all!!!