cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11.0.1 - Index Server Groups

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

4 Indexing servers in 1 ISG. 12 EV archiving servers, only performing Journal Archiving.

I have not designed/build this environment.

Is it expected to see 2 of the 4 servers getting lots of indexes, and 2 almost none? I thought that using an ISG would distribute indexes accross servers in the ISG, and that does not seem to be happening. We have 1 TB indexlocations, some have 300GB free, others 999GB. That does lead to me believing there is something not functioning properly, or perhaps a connectivity issue?

Any advice on additional documentation on VOX on ISG's?

Thanks in advance.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I strongly advise against Index Server Groups, very strongly...  Based on my experience the ISG make it much more difficult to manage and troubleshoot any index issues.  Having each archives indexes on the same server and the archive makes it much easier to handle.

However, to answer your question, you need to take a look at where the indexes are being created.  Once an index is created that is where the work is done.  How many Journal archives do you have? 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I strongly advise against Index Server Groups, very strongly...  Based on my experience the ISG make it much more difficult to manage and troubleshoot any index issues.  Having each archives indexes on the same server and the archive makes it much easier to handle.

However, to answer your question, you need to take a look at where the indexes are being created.  Once an index is created that is where the work is done.  How many Journal archives do you have?