cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 - Event 41141 - Exchange Provisioning Task - Cannot Enable Mailbox

Chad_I
Level 3

Hello All,

I am in the process of migrating to Exchange 2013 from 2010.  I have (1) mailbox enabled on Exchange 2010 and I am attempting to configure this on a new server with a test user. 

I believe I have set up the policies / tasks in the manner that is required. 

I attempted to enable the mailbox, selected the server in which it is located, listed all mailboxes and a window appears with:

* There are no new mailboxes that can be enabled on this server.  It then states to run the provisioning task for new users.

I have run the "Client Access Provisioning Task" and the "Exchange Provisioning Task" and it is still showing the same error

In the event log I find the following when I run the Exchange Provisioning Task:

Description:
A provisioning group target contained no mailboxes. Update or delete this target.

Task: MAIL Exchange Provisioning Task

Domain: mail.home.us

Provisioning group: home

Target: home\cilisie

Any thoughts????

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i think you nailed it and the issue is that you're trying to provision a linked account. looks like you have to do it from the mailbox accounts, not the linked accounts.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB

make sure the new mailbox you're testing with has been added to the provisioning group

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Make sure the provisioning tasks are not in report mode

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Also, did you add your new exchange server as a target?

Chad_I
Level 3

I have additional information to add to my first post. 

I have (3) exchange servers all in the same domain (MAIL), all (3) have been added as targets in the admin console

I have (2) provisioning groups.  HOME - which contains HOME\cilisie and an existing working group which is for WORK - contains WORK\cilisie (this one works)

both have the target listed.  HOME is in another area of the company that has a differnt active directory structure, users, etc.

After looking into the tasks, I ran them in report mode. they normally do not run in report mode.  

**HOME\cilisie is a linked account to the mailbox MAIL\cilisie_test

EXCHANGE PROVISIONING TASK REPORT FOR MAIL

2:01:32 PM 3 HOME HOME\cilisie HOME Exchange Mailbox Policy HOME Exchange PST Migration Policy S-1-5-21-443401358-3291105477-2049745595-2544 Error processing user: Unable to get AD path for SID [S-1-5-21-443401358-3291105477-2049745595-2544] - HRESULT [80070002]

2:01:32 PM 3 HOME MAIL\cilisie_test HOME Exchange Mailbox Policy HOME Exchange PST Migration Policy CN=cilisie test,OU=HOME,OU=MAIL ACCOUNTS,DC=mail,DC=co,DC=state,DC=xx,DC=us Updated linked mailbox

I am able to open the Enable Mailbox wizard and I see the "cilisie test" user fo me to select.  I am unable to create an archive for this user. 

Where is this action performed?

the issue I believe lies with the fact my AD account is HOME\cilisie and my mailbox is MAIL\cilisie_test it is a linked account.  I did grant my service account access to read from AD within the HOME domain but it did not make a change

Any thoughts would be great.  I believe I am in the right area??

Thanks.

AndrewB

i think you nailed it and the issue is that you're trying to provision a linked account. looks like you have to do it from the mailbox accounts, not the linked accounts.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Chad,

If you are unable to enable the mailbox via the Enable Mailbox Wizard, restart the EV task controller service and retry.

Chad_I
Level 3

that is what it was.  I had the incorrect account in the provisioning group.  I have the account enabled for archiving.