cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV11 Exchange Mailbox Archiving lost it's Targets

Happyal
Level 3

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Enterprise Vault, I have installed EV11 on a new server but I'm having a problem. The Exchange Mailbox Archiving task has lost it's Targets

I have made sure that there are targets in the Provisioning Groups area of targets, but the task is not picking these targets up?

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hiya,

Get on a training if possible. EV is pretty complex if you get into it as a 'newbie'. No offense ment!

As for your issue.

Did the databases fail over to another Exchange server? Is this server defined in the tasks?

An initial check would be the following:

Right click the provisioning task, and select 'run now'. Wait for it to finish (it goes to processing, then back to running when you do this). Go to the Enterprise Vault\Reports\Provisioning folder, verify the last report. all they way at the bottom you have a summary.

When it ran, and the report checked out, close the Enterprise Vault console, then restart it, check the targets on the task again. (or, select the tasks in the left pane, click refresh at the top. this rereads info from sql)

Do they show now?

Regards. Gertjan

Happyal
Level 3

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I have Enterprise Vault currently installed in a test environment. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the server a couple of time, but it’s not failed over at all.

I have been following Symatec’s on line training course for Enterprise Vault, I agree it’s quite daunting, I would prefer to go on a real training course; I think I’ll request one.

In the meantime, I think I found my problem, I was using a Administrators’ email account, it wouldn’t show up in the enable mailbox area. In the reports area I get the following comment, “users without corresponding Exchange archive”. I tried adding a normal user and it works fine. I guess it’s a case of me learning as I go.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

ah right.

The usage of terms is confusing sometimes.

In your original question, to me it looked like you lost the 'targets' on the properties of the mailbox-archiving task. that only happens when Exchange fails-over.

As for enabling.

You can set in your provisioning groups to enable automatically. this will be done when the archiving task runs according to the schedule. If you need to enable manually, try the following (as you are in test, no harm to do)

1 - run provisioning

2 - verify report

3 - enable mailbox - select the exchange server, and then just click Next (list all available mailboxes)

4 - enable the mailboxes, give new archive.

5 - go to archives, mailbox archives - they will not show (yet)

6 - goto mailbox archiving for exchange server used in step 3. select task, rightlick, properties, Synchronization tab. Sync all mailboxes. Wait for it to finish. (eventviewer might show, not sure now).

7 - when synced, go to archives, mailbox archives, you should see archives now.

8 - rightclick mailbox archiving task, run now.

From experience, I strongly recommend getting a training. That will save you some headaches further down the line.

Regards. Gertjan