Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV7 File System Archiving Issue

MikeMan
Level 3
Partner
Hi all

I have deployed EV7 SP1 ( I think it is SP1, might be SP2) for a customer for File System Archiving only at this point.

I have setup a policy that archives based on file last modified date as the Last Access time is being updated by something on the source file server.
I have approx 20GB in the archive but it will not replace the files with placeholders, can anyone point me in the right direction of what to check, I have run through the configuration checking items a couple of times and as far as I can tell I have the right settings on the rules and policies.

The environment is as follows:

Vault Server: HP DL380G4, Dual CPU, 3.5GB RAM, Win2003 SP2, 2.5TB of Local SCSI disk (To be moved into MSA1000 and another 4TB added soon)

Datastore Server: VMWare ESX Guest, Dual CPU, 3GB RAM, SQL 2005 RTM (Upgrade to SP2 on hold for a few days while we get another DB running on this server sorted.)

FSA Target:  Windows 2003 SP2 Cluster, Placeholder service installed and cluster configuration completed as per EV 7.0 Deployment guide.

Any pointers or tips would be appericated before I have to spend time on the phone to the local support guys tomorrow.

Regards
Michael Duke

1 REPLY 1

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there

Just for other user's information:
Problem is probably that your EV Store is not backed up, because your store's "remove safety copy" is set to "after backup".

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.