Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV7: shortcut deletion doesn't work

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner

Hi everybody,

I want to migrate archives from an EV2007 environment to a new EV8 environment without using 3rd party tools. The two environments are not connected to each other. So I want to export to PST with deleting shotcuts first.

I created a new provisioning group in EV2007 to which I connected a policy which deletes my shortcuts after 1 day and it also deletes the orphaned shortcuts. In priority this new policy is above the already existing provisioning group. Membership of this new provisioning group is through an Active Directory Group. The provisioning group which is already present has as a target the whole Exchange organization and a policy connected to it which doesn't delete any shortcuts.

When I run the archive task, it doesn't delete my shortcuts whith the proper time set to (I even set my site schedule to this time), delete the shortcuts, I can see that the delete shortcut event shows up in the event shower telling "Start to check the shortcuts on the Exchange system <my exchange servername>."

The logfile of the shortcut deletion shows my users beging processed even with the shortcut deletion policy mentioned, but no shortcuts are deleted.
Does anyone has any clue why it doesn't work? I have no error messages in my event viewer.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
No idea why, but shortcut deletion does work all of a sudden, so my issue is solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Another thing, storage expiry is set to none.

I have to delete the shortcuts because before the export to PST we do a complete migration of the mail environment with Quest Tooling first.

So exporting to a PST and using the PST and CFG file is not an option, because it still will give me double entries.

So any help why I can't delete the shortcuts is appreciated.

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
No idea why, but shortcut deletion does work all of a sudden, so my issue is solved.