cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8.0 import .pst in journal store

Lmlarson
Level 4
We have the need to import .pst files from our old archiving product into the EV Jjournal. When I attempt to do this I get an error "There are no archives in the vault Store Journal.  Select another Vault Store or create some archives now". There is an archive called Journal. What do I need to do to import existing historical data that is in .psts into the Journal?
4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Correct behavior. You cannot import a PST into a journal archive from the VAC. You have to use EVPM to do this and the procedure is outlined here:-

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280683

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are the old messages Journal Envelope messages?  If no, then do what Paul said... If they are Envelope, then your best bet is to dump them into a mailbox and process them with a journal task as the journal task is the only way to process P1 & P2 correctly, you would loose that if you use EVPM...

Also If we speaking about a lot of data, maybe it would also be quicker importing them into exchange and then using the Journal Task, sucking them back into Enterprise Vault.

Lmlarson
Level 4
Yes, the old messages were journaled. The only way I could export them was to run discoveries and save to .pst's.

I'm not sure what you mean by p1 & p2?

So I would need to import each one into the journaling mailbox ?

Can I create a second journal mailbox for these .pst's while the first journal mailbox processes all other mail?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 no need there is an easier way

logon to the server that is doing the journaling

open Outlook so you connect to the journal mailbox like you were the owner of it (you will need to do this as the Vault service account)

Then link outlook to the PST and dran/drop the messages from the PST to your journal mailbox inbox

The journal task will take it from there and archive the messages