cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 - Expire calendar items

Rem_y
Level 4

Hello there, I have been asked the following question, but I'm not at all familar with EV 8

If an organisation was migrating from EV into Office 365, and wanted to get rid of all calendar items from user archives, can I use storage expiry to do complete this based on message class - IPM.Appointment - without IPM.Note being affected?

If it's possible, would the same principle work for reoccuring calendar entries and also meeting requests?

Alternatively, could you export [from archives] to PST, only IPM.Note message class using EVPM?

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

storage expiry deletes archived items based on retention category settings, not specific to message class. the PST export wizard can filter on retention category or root folder path but those are only "includes" not "excludes" if you get what i mean. so if it was my project, i would be using an EV migration tool which would allow me to filter (or exclude) message classess from being migrated and simply leave them behind.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

storage expiry deletes archived items based on retention category settings, not specific to message class. the PST export wizard can filter on retention category or root folder path but those are only "includes" not "excludes" if you get what i mean. so if it was my project, i would be using an EV migration tool which would allow me to filter (or exclude) message classess from being migrated and simply leave them behind.

Rem_y
Level 4

Awesome, thanks Andrew. I appreciate your time. Question answered