cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV9 File System Archiving - ShortcutNotCreated

SYMAJB
Level 5
Partner

I have a new installation - still in test phase - running EV9 on W2K8R2.  EV setup and appears OK.

This will be used ONLY for FSA, no email archival.

I tried to push out the FSA Agent when adding a W2K3 file server, but this failed due to a pre-req issue with vcredist, so we installed vcredist_x86 locally then the FSA agent locally.  Following this I added the file server to EV, then a volume and folder - and archive point.

When I run the archival task a number of items are selected for archive, archived OK, but I get the message in the logfile that ShortCutNotCreated.  I can verify that the items are in the archive, but no shortcut/placeholder is created within the fileserver file system.

I have the safety copy set to after backup, and as I have not yet performed a backup would expect to see the 'pending archive' icon on the file server ?  However, I saee no change.  I have tried a RUN NOW selecting 'create shortcuts' but no joy.

One other issue I noted is that the permissions on the archives are not being set.  If I look at the properties of the archive and permissions, none exist (not even the VSA).  If I add the VSA to the permissions then I can search the archive, and also view from the ArchiveExplorer web interface.

So, I have two issues:  Shortcuts not being created, and permissions not being set.

Two questions:

1. Is this a W2K8R2 issue ?

2. Should I see the pending archive icon on the files which have been archived until EV Vaults are backed up (or I reset attributes to simulate such), or will nothing change until the the backup is done. 

AJ.

3 REPLIES 3

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

There are no pending icons in FSA, it uses Windows icons, namely the offline icon.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Also have a nose at page 35 of the FSA Setup guide, attached here.

SYMAJB
Level 5
Partner

OK - makes sense, I need to backup before shortccuts will be created. 

Any thoughts on the other issue - permissions ??  I would expect to see the same permissions on the archive as on the source folder on the file-server.  I am seeing nothing. The only way I can access the archive is by manually adding the permissions, then it is available in ArchiveExplorerUI.asp.

AJ