cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVClient and RunAs Behavior

Ryan_the_Red
Level 5
Partner
I've found something odd and wanted to reach out to see if there's any experience in fixing this...

One user logs into his workstation as a local account, then does a runas to open his mailbox under his domain account.The only button on the EVClient which works in this configuration is the "Search Vaults" button - as if the user account has not been enabled. This is also true (i.e. it does not work) if the user logs on to the workstation with his domain account.

However if the user logs into his local account on his workstation and runs Outlook under this local account the client works.

Other users in the same environment who login with their domain account and run Outlook under their domain account are working.

This seems to be isolated to one user but I'd really like to know what's going on.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

It sounds like you are using the DCOM client.  If using the DCOM client, the computer needs to be lin the domain.  If you switch the user to using the lite client then it doesn't use DCOM and so it should be fine.

Ryan_the_Red
Level 5
Partner
Actually, I thought about that... and we did uninstall that client and install the HTTP-only client... and it still behaves as reported.

A colleague of mine has seen this error go away on the full client by editing the advanced policy settings to configure the Outlook add-in behavior to the same as the HTTP-only add-in, but that didn't work in this case.

Ryan

Eloya
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Ryan,

the Full Client uses DCOM, which expects a domain authentification. You described you have tried the HTTP-only client (light client). When you go to the diagnostic dialog (left-shift + left ctrl + click on the EV search icon) and look at the log, do you have there any information which reads like 'No enable mailbox message found' or similar?

If so, try to log in with a different (new) user profile. Test again. Is the problem appearing again?

With kind regards,

Nico

Ryan_the_Red
Level 5
Partner
Unfortunately this engagement is finished now...

But yes I know that aspect of the Full Client. However, the behavior is the same when the Advanced policy setting has been configured to make the full client behave as the HTTP only client as well.

This really affected only the one administrator who was logging in with a local account but using the profile of a domain user. The problem also seemed very much related to Cached Mode, i.e. if we turned off Cached Mode this worked.