Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA 2003 extensions not showing

Ryan_the_Red
Level 5
Partner
Ok, so...

Enterprise Vault 2007 SP2, Exchange 2003 SP2.

There is a clustered mailbox server which also functions as a backend server.

We've configured the back-end extensions on both nodes.
We've run the OWAuser.wsf script and the configuration script for the Backend (OWA + RPC) extensions.
We've ensured that the ExchangeServers.txt file is there on the EV server and we've created the EVServers.txt file on the backend servers (each clustered node).

We've rebooted the Admin service and resynchronized all mailboxes.

There are no extensions.

I've reviewed the hotfixes that are out there, but these do not seem to apply to the Exchange 2003 servers in question.

We've reviewed the setup log files and the troubleshooting sections of the Install & Configure guide, and there's nothing that seems to apply to our situation.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

sleddog
Level 5
Partner
Try disabling IWA on the OWA Virtual directory in Exchange.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
What do you mean by "extensions"? You talking about the toolbar? The mail icons?

Can you verify that the controls folder on each Exchange server has "controls copied by Enterprise Vault" folder within the highest controls folder (sp2 is I think 6.5.7638.1).

Mark

Aaron_Cuoio
Level 3

That help any? Mismatched file version between the front end and the back end.

Ryan_the_Red
Level 5
Partner
Thanks for the link. The problem was not related to mismatched versions. If the user typed in /exchange at the end of the path they received after being redirected by the front end server, the Outlook Web Access toolbars and icons would appear. So, the logical fix would be to ensure the redirect is working properly. This change is being pursued by the client Exchange administrators.

Interestingly, another of the issues I encountered, with Entourage 2004 11.2.5+ having the shortcuts, was also related to users not configuring this client to use the /exchange virtual directory.

Ryan