cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVDominoMigration shotcuts gets messed up if they contain other languages while converting

Iamthe99percent
Not applicable

before i open a case I wanted to know if this is an EV issue or my 3rd party  software  issue?

ev 9.03

Domino to Exch migration 

Domino 8.5.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

This is not a problem that we have had reported before so I would definitely recommend you open a Support case so that it can be formally logged and investigated

Can you also respond with some more details to this forum post as per the previous comments so w ecan help understand the issue you are reporting further

1. Which migration utility are you using? - as Amit mentions, the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe is only supported for use in conjunction with Binary Tree and Quest (as only they can be configured to migrate the required hidden EV properties, that the utility will subsequently trigger its processing on)

2. What exactly do you mean by 'messed up'? Is it that the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe fails to post process these foreign language EV shortcuts when it is run and the shortucts cannot consequently function for retrieval? Or do you mean that the appearance / data in the these shortcut messages is corrupted during the migratino and / or prior to running the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe (in which case, as Tony suggests, it is probably more likely an issue with the migrationsoftware itself and not our pots processing utility)

3. If the 'messing up' only occurs after the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe is run against these migrated shortcuts, again explain in more detail what / how the item is 'messed up' and also can you post the exact command line parameters that you are using with the utility

Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is your 3rd party software?  Can you explain what is happening a bit more?

My initial inclination is this will be the software doing the conversion.

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Which software are you using for migration? Enterprise Vault have been tested with Quest Software NME and Binary Tree. If you are using other software then hope that is following the pre-requesite of Enterprise Vault.

Shortcut are messed up, does this mean that users are not able to access them from Exchange Mailbox?

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

This is not a problem that we have had reported before so I would definitely recommend you open a Support case so that it can be formally logged and investigated

Can you also respond with some more details to this forum post as per the previous comments so w ecan help understand the issue you are reporting further

1. Which migration utility are you using? - as Amit mentions, the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe is only supported for use in conjunction with Binary Tree and Quest (as only they can be configured to migrate the required hidden EV properties, that the utility will subsequently trigger its processing on)

2. What exactly do you mean by 'messed up'? Is it that the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe fails to post process these foreign language EV shortcuts when it is run and the shortucts cannot consequently function for retrieval? Or do you mean that the appearance / data in the these shortcut messages is corrupted during the migratino and / or prior to running the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe (in which case, as Tony suggests, it is probably more likely an issue with the migrationsoftware itself and not our pots processing utility)

3. If the 'messing up' only occurs after the EVDominoExchangeMigration.exe is run against these migrated shortcuts, again explain in more detail what / how the item is 'messed up' and also can you post the exact command line parameters that you are using with the utility

Regards

Paul