cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM import PST assistance

mmsupport
Not applicable

Looking for some assistance in doing PST imports using EVPM.  Messages are imported to the archive but shortcut creations are failing.

Environment:

Vault 10.0.2 - single server

Exchange 2010 - 2 CAS servers, 2 MB servers with a DAG.  3 DB's on each MB server.

Separate system account for each MB server.

single Vault Admin Service account.

F5 loadbalancer as front end for CAS servers.

When running EVPM messages are added to the vault but the process fails with a event 6742 - unrecoverable error.  There is no MAPI error.

What should the evpm command use for options?

Believe I've gone through almost every combination and can't get a successful creation of shortcuts.

INI file:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName= evault.company.com
SiteName = VAULT

[PSTDefaults]
MigrationMode=Process
PSTLanguage=Western European
ShortcutMode=MailboxShortcuts
SetPSThidden = false
SetPSTReadOnly = false
CompactPST = false
DeletePST = false
ConcurrentMigrations = 4
IncludeDeletedItems = true
CancelMbxAutoArchive = true

[PST]
FileName=\\evault\d$\PST Exports\user.pst
ArchiveName = Last, First

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.  If dstrace is suggested which options should be enabled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you pste the event data here other than just the event ID?
and you might want to dtrace whatever is throwing that event

Do the shortcuts exist in the PST file? typically they get created in the PST file and then copied across to the mailbox, so i guess it could be something like PSTDisableGrow on the machine not allowing the PST files to have anything added to it

It could also be that the size of the Shortcuts will push the users over quota, but I would have expected that to be in one of the logs or in the event, or mabe the mailbox itself is over quota also.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you pste the event data here other than just the event ID?
and you might want to dtrace whatever is throwing that event

Do the shortcuts exist in the PST file? typically they get created in the PST file and then copied across to the mailbox, so i guess it could be something like PSTDisableGrow on the machine not allowing the PST files to have anything added to it

It could also be that the size of the Shortcuts will push the users over quota, but I would have expected that to be in one of the logs or in the event, or mabe the mailbox itself is over quota also.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146