cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM retention periods on folders

DynS
Level 4
Does the retention period for a folder set via EVPM script apply to the date of the message being vaulted...or to how long its been in that retention folder?
ie: if the period is 90days for the retention folder.. and I place an message into that folder with a creation date of older than 90days..wil that message be immediately vaulted or will it not be vaulted until its been in that retentionfolder for 90days?
4 REPLIES 4

Alan_M
Level 6
Retention periods define how long you want to keep archived data and are based on either archived date or date of message.

Using your example with the archived date as the starting point any message placed in your 90 day folder will expire in 90 days and assuming you are running storage expiry will be deleted automatically.

It is the archiving rule/strategy that determines when a message will be archived or in the case of EVPM the filter that you define.

DynS
Level 4
guess I misspoke..
Here is my script..
; Folder 3
; ========
;
; Name = !Legal
;
; Settings = - Archive items after 90 days old
;- Archive unread items
;- Create shortcuts to archived item
;- Delete original after archiving
;- Retention Category = !Legal
;- Vault = Default vault for inbox/user

name = 90days
CreateShortcut = true
DeleteOriginal= true
unreadMAIL= true
UseInactivityPeriod= true
InactivityUnits= Days
InactivityPeriod= 90

name = mailboxroot
OverrideArchiveLocks= true
NonDeletable= true

;

name = \!Legal
filtername= 90days
RetentionCategory= !Legal
OverrideArchiveLocks= true
NonDeletable= true

Alan_M
Level 6
Based on your filter once an item is 90 days old, after receipt, it will be archived.

DynS
Level 4
By reciept... you're referring to when the email is dated in the header...not when it was placed into the retention folder, correct?