cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ent Vault vs. EMC EmailXtender

TerryT
Level 3
Looking for some feedback here. 

I'm going to implement one of these two solutions in the near future and was wondering if anyone was familiar with both of them & could tell me the pros\cons that they've run into with each.  I know very little about the Ent. Vault product at this time, but was told that it was comparable to the EMC product which I have tested & been through training on.

At my company, people live for their email.  This implementation MUST go very well.  Bugs & inconsistencies are not an option in this particular situation.

Thoughts?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

MarkOlsen
Level 4
Hi Terry:

Before we purchased EV, we had actually already purchased E-mail Extender.  I don't know of all the details, but I know one issue was around the responsiveness of their technical support organization.  This was in late 2005, so I don't know if the situation has changed since then.

You might also want to look at the latest Gartner Report on the 2007 E-mail Archiving Market:

According to Gartner, it looks like EV has about twice the market share of E-mail Extender (34% vs. 17%).

We have been very happy with EV (and I don't work in sales).   Feel free to contact me: mark_olsen@inter-tel.com.

Thanks ... Mark

Brian_Day
Level 6
The sticking point for us choosing EV over EX in our 32k mailbox environment was at the time we compared the two (~1.5 years ago) EX could not delete items and EV could. Being able to delete is a requirement of ours as we are not using it for compliancy.