cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Outlook Add-in issue

sriramrane
Level 4

Hello All,

I have some abnormal issue with Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In. 

Currently have EV 12.4.1 installed on Windows 2016 Server.

Issue is, the user enabled for archiving is able to access archive or search from Outlook 2013/2016 without any issue from the Desktop, wherein the same user's been configured the EV Outlook Add-in in Outlook 2013/2106 from Laptop having issue accessing the archives and item retrieval is deadly slow Or sometime crashes the Outlook. Also Outlook take lot of time to open when EV Add-in is enabled. This is happening for all laptop users, who also have their desktops configured with EV Outlook Add-in 

Did anyone come across such strange issue? if yes, did anyone find the solution for this? Appreciate your help here.

Regards,

Rane 

Rane
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi. you will almost certianly have to enable client logging and maximum logging (honestly it is all I can recall ever looking at) and review timestamps of threads doing retrieval to see where you are hanging up. There could be a number of reasons. If I understood you correctly you have desktops that are working fine with the same account (maybe even the same item??) and laptops are not... and this is universal to all laptop issues. Can you confirm? Given that weird set of conditions I have two completely unsubstantiated theories: 1) Your laptops are wireless and desktops wired and your wireless network blows 2) You have a policy impacting your laptop users that is introducing some feature (Virtual Vault maybe?) that is causing the additional overhead. a good test I like to do is to get teh download.asp URL and try it directly to see if it is agent functionality or retrieval of the item. Regardless... you are like the blind playing darts without logging..... How to do the client logging thing for reference: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100030953.html Hope this helps. J

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Prone2Typos
Hi. you will almost certianly have to enable client logging and maximum logging (honestly it is all I can recall ever looking at) and review timestamps of threads doing retrieval to see where you are hanging up. There could be a number of reasons. If I understood you correctly you have desktops that are working fine with the same account (maybe even the same item??) and laptops are not... and this is universal to all laptop issues. Can you confirm? Given that weird set of conditions I have two completely unsubstantiated theories: 1) Your laptops are wireless and desktops wired and your wireless network blows 2) You have a policy impacting your laptop users that is introducing some feature (Virtual Vault maybe?) that is causing the additional overhead. a good test I like to do is to get teh download.asp URL and try it directly to see if it is agent functionality or retrieval of the item. Regardless... you are like the blind playing darts without logging..... How to do the client logging thing for reference: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100030953.html Hope this helps. J

Hi TypoProne,

Every users have their Desktop and Laptops (When they are away from office internal network) configured with same OS, Applications etc.Even I have tried connecting the laptop to wired netwrok and the problem still persist. The problem still remains, even in Local wifi network or from outside office wifi network. This is happening for all laptops. Virtual Vault is not enabled and there is not seperte Secuirty Policies separately for Wire and Wireless netwroks. Even tried enabling maximum logging, and sent the logs to Veritas Support, but no luck so far, as the log file doesnt logs any issue (as per the Tech Support). That's where I tried to reach VOX Community check whether anyone came across such error and resolved the same.

Thanks

Rane

Rane

Prone2Typos
Mind sharing the log. It has been a while but IIRC there is a trick to figuring out what is taking so long.

Thank you for posting this link. I got the inforamtion what i want...