cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10.0.2 Client; Error - unable to download item. [OIOM]

pboesen
Level 2

We have been using EV for about a year. I have 1 person who is suddenly receiving an error when trying to retrieve an email from his vault archive.

The error is "Unable to download this item. [OIOM]" 

Steps taken - Upgraded from 9.0.2 to 10.0.2. Verified that the registry settings were correct for the PSTDisableGrow. This is something we had to do when we first started using EV but I have verified that no changes have occurred.  Also, restarted EV services on appropriate server.  Web access works fine, no errors. Problem is definitely with the local Outlook client add-in.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If there is no data pending to be archived via Virtual Vault, you can try doing a Vault Cache reset from the Outlook Add-in.

Then when you restart Outlook don't configure Vault Cache yet.

Or you could just set the registry keys OVEnabled = 0 and VVEnabled = 0, and then start Outlook to eliminate the usage of Vault Cache and Vitual Vault.

However.

Your log file is not showing maximum logging, nor is it showing the retrieval of an item.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you got a client trace with maximum logging enabled?

It is almost definitely the PSTDisableGrow and PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides registry keys.  The log file will confirm that.

You could also copy/paste screen shots of the registry keys, and / or export them and add as text files to this post.

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Pboesen,

Have a look on the below link to confirm following values are set in the registry key..

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156088

And provide us the client trace after reproducing the issue..

You can check the below article on how to take a client trace..

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187468

I hope this helps.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

You definitely need both keys. If you have PSTDisableGrow, you must have PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides configured, as Rob mentioned. However, you need to make sure that you have keys in the right place:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\PST

and not

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\PST

Take a look at this forum:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/pstdisablegrow-pstdisablegrowallowauthenticodeoverrides

I hope this helps.

pboesen
Level 2

Hi - Thanks for the responses. From the log file, the registry settings are correct but the MDC is corrupt.

I'm assuming a scanpst on the MDC should resolve (hopefully).  Unless there are other suggestions?

Logfile is attached.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If there is no data pending to be archived via Virtual Vault, you can try doing a Vault Cache reset from the Outlook Add-in.

Then when you restart Outlook don't configure Vault Cache yet.

Or you could just set the registry keys OVEnabled = 0 and VVEnabled = 0, and then start Outlook to eliminate the usage of Vault Cache and Vitual Vault.

However.

Your log file is not showing maximum logging, nor is it showing the retrieval of an item.

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Pboesen,

Are you still facing the issue ??