cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 with CHF2 wtih Exchange 2013 SP1

Ajayhunt
Level 3

Dear All.

We have exchange 2013 SP1 in DAG cluster and we are setting up new EV 10.0.4 with CHF2. When i try to run SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 against new created vault service acount it always says sysntax error saying said user dont have a mailbox. I tried running on all db server. Our envirorment:

2 Server exchange 2013 sp1 DAG

i am creating VSA in one of the database which is part of DAG (we have 4 DBs setup in DAG)

Do we need to create this mailbox on non-dag dbs..

Please guide as nothing seems to be helping

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The Vault Admin account needs to have a mailbox that resides in the Exchange 2013 environment.
For exchangee 2007 , you never needed the EVAdmin to have a mailbox, but for Exchange 2010 and 2013, one is required to run the throttling and permissions scripts correctly.

So simply create a mailbox for the VSA in the Exchange 2013 environment, if one exists in the Exchange 2007 environment, simply move it to Exchange 2013, it won't break any of the Exchange 2007 functionality

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ajayhunt
Level 3

Hi All,

We have exchange 2007 SP3 working in single copy lcutser as well. SO out enviroment have exchange 2007 and exchange 2013 sp1. We are migrating from 2007 to 2013 sp1. Our OS on exchange 2013 sp1 is windows 2012 r2. Please let meknow if any more clairty required from my end..

Thanks in advance

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The Vault Admin account needs to have a mailbox that resides in the Exchange 2013 environment.
For exchangee 2007 , you never needed the EVAdmin to have a mailbox, but for Exchange 2010 and 2013, one is required to run the throttling and permissions scripts correctly.

So simply create a mailbox for the VSA in the Exchange 2013 environment, if one exists in the Exchange 2007 environment, simply move it to Exchange 2013, it won't break any of the Exchange 2007 functionality

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ajayhunt
Level 3

Thanks for you so much for your time. I created account in exchange 2013 sp1 itself and it has a valid mailbox also (i can login and send mail). But when i try to run the script i always get below error.. I tried creating different users as well but still no luck.. Any help wil lbe really appreciated!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[PS] C:\Ex-req>.\SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 -User xxxx\evtest
Successfully connected to exchcas01
Using Domain Controller: AD1

Invalid parameter value: -User does not contain a user with a mailbox.  Please pass in a valid username.

Usage:

SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1
                -User <domain\username> [-Server <ExchangeServerName>] [-Version <ExchangeVersion>] [-DomainController <
DomainControllerName>]

For Example:

SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 -User yourDomain\vsa -Server MBX10 -Version 2010 -DomainController DC1.yourDomain.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried with all the switch, e.g. -server myserv -version 2013 -domaincontroller mydc

but I always get the above message.. I tried to run this command from all servers (DC, CAS, DBs), i treid creating new user and mailbox but this error remain same.. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks!!!!!!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need any more help on this issue or were you able to resolve it?

Working for cloudficient.com