cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 7.5 Task controller issue

Sabir_VKD
Level 3

Dears

My EV version is 7.5 and as version is obsolete I wont get support from symantec call support.

My problem is now the archiving, restoring task are not working now.
This. I bilieve, started after I restart the SQL server due to some toher issue. That wa the only thing happened yesterday.

When I am restarting the Enterprise Vault Task controller service, I can see a little change in the MSM queue that the 'enterprise vault storage archive' is growing.

So it is working when restarting tasl controller service. There was a similar problema nd Symantec rectified it and that time this version wasn't removed from service request.

Please request your help at the earliest

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So do the tasks start, and then fail?

What does your event log say when the archiving task starts?

Working for cloudficient.com

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I would recommend you running Deployment scanner http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58232 and as suggested by Rob Check the event log for errors .

It seems to be some issue realted to MAPI , Check for the following document 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35774

Sabir_VKD
Level 3

Rob

Task is not failing it is in the start mode only but when I am checking in MSM queue all the pending queue are as it is. When restart the service we can see the mail to archive is increasing and journal archive is also increasing the number. It stops after certain period , say 5 min. Then there is no change at all.

If we do the restart of task controller again the same thing is happening.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Well, perhaps you should understand that when you run the archiving task...  the mailboxes will be queued for processing (MSMQ entries) and then they're removed from the queue as they are processed. Likewise for individual items that need processing in the mailboxes (different queue).

So..  what's the problem?

I would suggest checking if items ARE in fact being archived.

With regards to retrieval. Is that working?

Sabir_VKD
Level 3

Usually when it working fine ...

I can see the queue getting increased when the EV server checking mails to archive and then it comes down to 0 when it completes the archive.

Now when I restart the task contgroller service I can see the change in queue but after a few minutes no chnage will be there when we refresh the msm queue.

Moreover all the restore is pending in the restore queue. Around 18 mails restore are pending there in MSM queue.

Users dont have any issue in accessing there archive and search for the required mail but the problem is to restore to their mailbox which will show successful when they are doing but will be pending in the queue.

Sabir_VKD
Level 3

I can see below error in event log of EV server. I hope this is the issue.

faulting application StorageCrawler.exe, version 7.5.5.2635, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.3053, fault address 0x00008aa0.

Sabir_VKD
Level 3

Hi guys

Please help me out to solve this issue with EV 7.5 .

I tried to restart the task controller 4-5 times which is showing some difference in the MSM queue of mail archive.

But now the task controller and storage service is down and I cannot able to restart it an dI hope things goes very much bad than yesterday.

Any hotfix or workaround to come out of this mess. I also receiving Windows error message when I restarted the server once. The error is as follows:-

COM server enabling client to crawl through the archive contents encountered a problem and needed to close.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Unfortunately there isn't enough information in the post so far to do detailed troubleshooting of the issue.

Can you perhaps list each problem separately?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

@Sabir, do you still need help?