Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 Archive items on sub-folders

AmitDaniel
Level 2

Hello Friends

i have Enterprise Vault 10 on microsoft Exchange 2007 And i have a problem

when users select a massage and press on "Store" icon and deliverd the massage before the message was archive

all the messages that deliverd to sub folders stuck on pending and not benn archived

can you help me with this issue

Thanks to all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you archive an item in say \Inbox and then move it to \Inbox\Subfolder in a pending state, it will always remain in pending, when you actually look at the item either by double clicking it or previewing it, it does say please do not move the message

The reason being that when you store an item in archive, it passes across the location of the original message, EV then attempts to "post process" the item and turn it in to a shortcut by going to that location, if the message isnt there, then it simply discards the attempt

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

I suggest you check your backup strategy, if it is a pending item it most likely means that Enterprise Vault is awaiting a backup.

When Enterprise Vault archives an item, it marks it as pending, once it has been backup it will then turn the item to a shortcut.

AmitDaniel
Level 2

I know

but When i deliver the pending item to sub folder even after backup Enterprise Vault doesn't archive the item

Ameen
Level 6

Pelase make sure that the backup is proper and there are no item pending for backup. Go to VAC and brows through and select the store user belongs. Right click the store and select 'Reporting' and select 'vault Store summary'. Check the 'Awaiting Backup' and make sure that there are no items awating for backup.

JesusWept3
Level 6

If you archive an item in say \Inbox and then move it to \Inbox\Subfolder in a pending state, it will always remain in pending, when you actually look at the item either by double clicking it or previewing it, it does say please do not move the message

The reason being that when you store an item in archive, it passes across the location of the original message, EV then attempts to "post process" the item and turn it in to a shortcut by going to that location, if the message isnt there, then it simply discards the attempt

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AmitDaniel
Level 2

Thanks JesusWept3

But as you know the users are never read the instruction so how can i manually archive the items on the sub folder ?