cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 & Forefront TMG

Joel_DSouza
Level 2

Hi,

I have configured Enterprise Vault 10 on single server. We are able to access archived mails from internal network without any issues.

However, we are not able to access archived mails from Outlook Anywhere from external network i.e. internet.

I have configured RPC proxy settings in Desktop policy.

Internal URL: evserver.company.local

External URL: evserver.company.com

Internal URL is not accessible from internet.

A record has been created on external DNS server for external URL.

I have also configured Forefront TMG (ISA Server) and created rule for Enterprise Vault and also configured link translation.

Note: Forefront TMG is used only for EV server. OWA is not published using TMG.

Even after configuring the above, I am not able to access archived mails externally using Outlook Anywhere.

If I access the external URL from internet, I get the below error:

Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)

Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joel D'Souza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

dont forget to configure the  RPC over HTTP proxy URL (and add /EnterpriseVault to it).

4. Set RPC over HTTP proxy URL to the external host name that users use to access Outlook Anywhere followed by /EnterpriseVault. (Figure 6)

Figure 6

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can check the following guide (it is for ISAA2006, but this is almost identical to TMG2010):

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH61472

How do you publish Outlook Anywhere? Directly, or also via TMG ?

Joel_DSouza
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed this artcile, but it does not work.

Outlook anywhere is direct. TMG is used only for Enterprise Vault.

The only reason why I am using TMG is my external and internal domains are different.

Can this be achieved without using TMG?

My requirement is users should be able to access archived mails while using Outlook Anywhere from Internet.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

dont forget to configure the  RPC over HTTP proxy URL (and add /EnterpriseVault to it).

4. Set RPC over HTTP proxy URL to the external host name that users use to access Outlook Anywhere followed by /EnterpriseVault. (Figure 6)

Figure 6