cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 8.5 ( Mail search on the Domino Lotus Notes 8.5 not working)

-The_GodFather-
Level 4
Partner
Hi All,

I have a problem dealing with Enterprise Vault 8.5 and I'm testing to search any mail document in my mailbox on the Domino Lotus Notes version 8.5.. When clicking the Enteprise Vault Search, it asks for my user name and password account over and over again, even if I've entered the correct account with privileges still "search" won't work. Comments are highly appreciated. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Yes please clarify your EV Version.  I am assumming you are EV 8 sp1.

It sounds like this could be an issue with the EV Domino Gateway not set up correctly. 

check the following:

Details:
To enable authentication for the archive search feature, you need to set up Single Sign-On on the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.

The following procedure assumes that you are not using Internet Sites documents. If you are, then use the procedure outlined in the Lotus Domino documentation.

For more detail on how to configure Single Sign-On using Web Configuration, see the following IBM article: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2272&context=SSTJRP&dc=DA400&uid=swg27002760&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct2272lotus

To configure Single Sign-On:
1. In the Domino Administrator client go to Configuration tab and select Server > All Server Documents view. Select (but do not open) the server document
for the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.
2. Click Web and select Create Web SSO Configuration from the drop down box .

* In the Configuration Name field, change the default name to EVLtpaToken.
* In the DNS Domain field, enter the DNS domain of the participating Domino servers.
* In the Domino Server Names field, add all the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateways. If you want Single Sign-On to cover DWA users, then you also need to add the target Domino mail servers.
* Click Keys and in the drop down menu select Create Domino SSO Key. Click OK.
* Save and Close the Web SSO Configuration.

3. While the server document for the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway is selected, click Edit server.

* Click Internet Protocols tab and then Domino Web Engine sub-tab.
* Change the Session Authentication field to Multiple Servers (SSO).
* In the Web SSO Configuration field select EVLtpaToken.
* Save and close the server document.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/321332.htm

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there

You must be a time traveler, as the currect Enterprise Vault Version is 8.0 SP2.  ;)
Do you mean EV Version 7.5? Or 8.0?

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi

Did you configure SSO correctly? btw: Lotus Notes 8.5 is still pending and not yet supported.

TonySterling
Yes please clarify your EV Version.  I am assumming you are EV 8 sp1.

It sounds like this could be an issue with the EV Domino Gateway not set up correctly. 

check the following:

Details:
To enable authentication for the archive search feature, you need to set up Single Sign-On on the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.

The following procedure assumes that you are not using Internet Sites documents. If you are, then use the procedure outlined in the Lotus Domino documentation.

For more detail on how to configure Single Sign-On using Web Configuration, see the following IBM article: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2272&context=SSTJRP&dc=DA400&uid=swg27002760&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct2272lotus

To configure Single Sign-On:
1. In the Domino Administrator client go to Configuration tab and select Server > All Server Documents view. Select (but do not open) the server document
for the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway.
2. Click Web and select Create Web SSO Configuration from the drop down box .

* In the Configuration Name field, change the default name to EVLtpaToken.
* In the DNS Domain field, enter the DNS domain of the participating Domino servers.
* In the Domino Server Names field, add all the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateways. If you want Single Sign-On to cover DWA users, then you also need to add the target Domino mail servers.
* Click Keys and in the drop down menu select Create Domino SSO Key. Click OK.
* Save and Close the Web SSO Configuration.

3. While the server document for the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway is selected, click Edit server.

* Click Internet Protocols tab and then Domino Web Engine sub-tab.
* Change the Session Authentication field to Multiple Servers (SSO).
* In the Web SSO Configuration field select EVLtpaToken.
* Save and close the server document.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/321332.htm

TonySterling
@A A Zürcher
It is supported as a target for EV 8 sp1

d. Lotus Domino Mail Server 8.5 is only supported as a target server, and requires Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP1 or later
service pack. For more details, see technical note 314678 at http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/314678.

-The_GodFather-
Level 4
Partner
haha, sorry my fault. It's EV version 8.0. Thanks to you guys! :p

TonySterling
No worries, you should upgrade to sp2 and be on the latest and greatest.  :)

cheers,

-The_GodFather-
Level 4
Partner
Thanks to all your suggestions pal