cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - Archive Explorer Add in not opening in IE from Outlook

Kieran_Gray
Level 2

Hi all,

My first post on the Forum, please forgive any mistakes.

I am investigating a problem for one of our Users, they have Outlook 2010 with Symantec EV add-in V10.0.4.1354 installed. When he selects Archive Explorer from the Enterprise Vault tab in Outlook the window opens within Outlook, rather than opening through Internet Explorer, see attached image.EV.jpg

When you then select the 'Home' or 'Send / Receive' tab in Outlook the Archive Explorer screen stays in Outlook and won't go until you click close?

I have removed Office 2010 and the EV add-in, attempeted a fresh install of both but this has not resolved the issue. We have 3000 users in the UK with the same version of Office and EV add-in, but I have never seen this problem before.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kieran Gray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kieran_Gray
Level 2

Ok, adding the new DWORD value did not work.

After more investigation it appears for our environment this setting is controlled by a message sent via EV to configure the AE plug-in for Outlook.

Our Exchange environment was moved in September 2013, the User facing issues joined our Company in October 2013. Apparantly the User was not provisioned in archiving because he joined after the time we moved Exchange and made our Public Folders read-only, hence not being able to access AE correctly.

I've requested a more detailed explanation from my collegue in Infastructure.

Kieran

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is a setting in the Desktop Policy.

Launch Archive Explorer (Exchange Outlook setting)

Article:HOWTO56718  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56718

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Kieran,

Welcome to the forums !!

If you click in the Close button in the upper right, it should close Archive Explorer. Also, under the View menu > Navigation Panel in the Outlook client, set it to Normal so the user can get the folders in the left pane; thus, if the user selects a folder, Outlook will show the folder content. As Tony mentioned, if you change the Desktop Policy, AE should be launched in a IE window and not within Outlook. Don't forget to sync the mailboxes after updating the policy.

I hope this helps.

Kieran_Gray
Level 2

Morning all,

I will give this a try and report back to you. Thank you for the prompt response.

Kieran_Gray
Level 2

Ok, adding the new DWORD value did not work.

After more investigation it appears for our environment this setting is controlled by a message sent via EV to configure the AE plug-in for Outlook.

Our Exchange environment was moved in September 2013, the User facing issues joined our Company in October 2013. Apparantly the User was not provisioned in archiving because he joined after the time we moved Exchange and made our Public Folders read-only, hence not being able to access AE correctly.

I've requested a more detailed explanation from my collegue in Infastructure.

Kieran