cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Client extensions not available even after installation

LHarris
Level 3
Hello,
We're using Enterprise Vault 6.0, sp3 (new installation). It works fine for all but one user. This user is using Outlook 2003, sp2 in cached Exchange mode. Enterprise vault server has been added to the Trusted sites list. There is no option under Tools for Enterprise Vault. None of the Vault icons are installed either. Some archive messages open while others will display with the error box "...there was an error loading this item. some functionality may not be available."

I have other users with the exact same setup (same laptop, OS, Outlook ver, etc) and it works great. This one is a mystery. I've tried deleting the profile, creating a new one, running Detect & Repair on Outlook, and re-installing the Enterprise Vault client extensions. Also ran dcomcnfg (per Symantec technote) and checked settings. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Alan_M
Level 6
See if this helps:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281827

LHarris
Level 3
Thank you!!!!! That fixed it! Don't know why I didn't get that doc when I searched the knowledgebase. Guess my search terms were too specific.

Thank you so much for your help.

Joey_2
Not applicable
You need to disable Cached Exchange mode on the user profile in order for the  EV client tool bar to apper in Outlook.  Close Outlook and open it up again.