cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Client for Outlook on Windows 7

dale_m1
Level 4

Hello,

I've seen some information on the Symantec web site (tech article 125425)  that indicates Version 8 / SP3 is the earliest version of the Vault Client that is supported by Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit). 

I was wondering if someone could confirm this?

The reason I ask is that we have recently picked up a handful of Win 7 systems which are receiving the same version of the Vault Client (V8 SP1 - 8.0.1.1560) via group policy as our XP systems.  On these Win 7 systems we have noted an occasional error from Outlook stating that a serious error had occurred with the Enterprise Vault Add-In which then asked whether we wanted to disable the add-in.  I'm wondering if others have had this experience and whether it is likely that this is a result of running an apparently non supported version on Win 7.

Thank You,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes it's 8 SP 3.  It's in the Compatibility Guide too :

Not sure whether it is likely to fix your problem though, and if you're going to upgrade the client to anything, aim for 8 SP 5.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes it's 8 SP 3.  It's in the Compatibility Guide too :

Not sure whether it is likely to fix your problem though, and if you're going to upgrade the client to anything, aim for 8 SP 5.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

It might be worth checking the Outlook version and SP on the desktops that are seeing the error too as it may be that you need to patch Outlook in addition to our client. The Compatability Guide will show you the supported versions and SP levels of Outlook on the desktop too

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Good point Nick.

dale_m1
Level 4

Rob / Nick,

Thank you both for the replies. 

I double checked the system in question to be sure it is getting it's WSUS updates, it is, Win 7/64 (Ultimate) is at SP1 and Outlook 2007 is at SP2. 

Yes, it appears that we should be shooting for an SP5 upgrade on the Vault Client.  I believe we will be giving this a go in the near future.  Regardless of whether it resolves this particular issue, it sounds like this would be a good next step.

Thanks again for your input.