Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Exchange archiving

Sean_smith1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Requirements as follows,

1. ALL Exchange messages are retrievable (either not deleted (legal hold) and/or journaled)),  AND
  2. Individual Users can search and retrieve their own messages AND
  3. An Administrator with designated permissions can search and retrieve all messages.

Based on my limited understanding,  Item 1 and 3 can be achieved with either legal hold or journaling plus e-discovery but achieving Item 2 is difficult.

Any feedback appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no built in functionalitly of EV that allows you do all of these.  You could look at a Vault Solutions product: http://www.vault-solutions.com/Products/enterprise-vault-end-user-search-and-restore.html

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

With EV Item 2 will require mailbox archiving which is separate from journaling.  As you are a partner I would assume you would know this.  If you are not a partner specializing in EV you might want to engage your Symantec Partner Manager for assistance.

TS

Sean_smith1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I understand archiving can be accesssed via self service, the question is how do I ensure that no emails have been deleted prior to being archived.

Thanks.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the journaling function of exchange ensures that a pristine copy of every email sent and received by your org will be archived without having to worry about a user deleting them at any point.

Sean_smith1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks,  I understand that Journaling achieves objective 1.

The requirement is that Objective 1 is achieved as well as the ability for users to retrieve their own messages, i.e Objective 2.

Any thoughts?

TonySterling

There is no built in functionalitly of EV that allows you do all of these.  You could look at a Vault Solutions product: http://www.vault-solutions.com/Products/enterprise-vault-end-user-search-and-restore.html

Regards,

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

objective 1 and 2 are achieved by journal archiving and mailbox archiving respectively. since you're a partner, should you have any further questions feel free to reach out to me directly and maybe we can help you out offline.

TonySterling

Hey Andy,

Based on his original post and follow-ups he wants all mail captured AND end users to self service and be able to search those mails.  As you know, mailbox archiving will not guarantee a capture of all mail from the mailbox so he can't meet his objectives with built in funtionality.

TS