cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault PST Migration Wizard

Rukkot
Level 3

Hi All,

I'm migrating some PSTs from several users using the PST migration wizard. Always, when I select more than one PST to be migrated in the same 'task' (1 PST after the other and for the same user) the second and following PSTs fail. Only the first PST is correctly migrated.

I can launch several PST migration wizards at the same time, but this workaround is not appealing to me, because I would like to let the PST migration process running during the night/weekend.

Have you ever seen this error before? (I cannot find similar messages in Google). In the event viewer I can see a 28974 error message.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

ah...ok...didn't realised you had already looked at those options.

Unfortunately the PST Migration wizard is all manual work. If and when you do get the errors again please post them with your EV environment details. If you could set a dtrace to trigger trace the error too that would be great.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you post the text of that Event ID and also tell us what version of EV you are running?

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Have you tried PST migration using PST Migrator Tasks (i.e. using Server Side or Client side migration). This way the PST migration task will do the work for you, you can set the task up and let them run.

Take a look at this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO57760

Rukkot
Level 3

Thanks for your answers. We considered using the PST migration tasks (server or client side), but we didn't like the server side task (open ports, local firewall, ...) and the client side was discarded because some users wouldn't care of it. We simply prefered to migrate everything from the IT helpdesk. I will post the error message when it reappears. For the moment it seems that it's working, but I'm sure it will reappear for some other users.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

ah...ok...didn't realised you had already looked at those options.

Unfortunately the PST Migration wizard is all manual work. If and when you do get the errors again please post them with your EV environment details. If you could set a dtrace to trigger trace the error too that would be great.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'd suggest taking a look at some of the third party products that tie into Enterprise Vault for your PST migration needs.

Working for cloudficient.com

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Are you sorted out with this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com