cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault and Riverbed Compatability

benorb
Level 3

Is there any information out there on EV and Riverbed? This post alludes to an article, however the link to the article is now longer valid. A little search across Symantec Connect didn't yield any results.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev-wan-accelarators-riverbed-steelhead-particular

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

that post is what, 5 years old? seems like enough time to have sorted out the issues... whatever they were. i can tell you we have tons and i mean tons of customers using riverbeds and don't have any problem archiving or retrieving email from EV.

View solution in original post

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Pretty sure this is the updated Technote:

Event ID's 2243,2241,3231 during schedule archiving and synchronization

Article:TECH210301  |  Created: 2013-09-05  |  Updated: 2014-06-30  | 

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH210301

It basically talks about errors that could be encountered:

Cause

Event ID's 2243 and 2241 are a result (symptom) of the 3231 MAPI error.  There are many causes of this type of MAPI issue, however in this scenario it was found to be caused by MAPI optimization configurations on a 3rd party device made by RiverBed. www.riverbed.com/

Solution

Contact the vendor for support on the following two configurations: 

1. Activating the Optimization for encrypted Traffic (MAPI, SMB V2, …), Add a specific Pass Through rule for this traffic on both sides.
2. Disable MAPI optimization from compressor device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

that post is what, 5 years old? seems like enough time to have sorted out the issues... whatever they were. i can tell you we have tons and i mean tons of customers using riverbeds and don't have any problem archiving or retrieving email from EV.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Pretty sure this is the updated Technote:

Event ID's 2243,2241,3231 during schedule archiving and synchronization

Article:TECH210301  |  Created: 2013-09-05  |  Updated: 2014-06-30  | 

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH210301

It basically talks about errors that could be encountered:

Cause

Event ID's 2243 and 2241 are a result (symptom) of the 3231 MAPI error.  There are many causes of this type of MAPI issue, however in this scenario it was found to be caused by MAPI optimization configurations on a 3rd party device made by RiverBed. www.riverbed.com/

Solution

Contact the vendor for support on the following two configurations: 

1. Activating the Optimization for encrypted Traffic (MAPI, SMB V2, …), Add a specific Pass Through rule for this traffic on both sides.
2. Disable MAPI optimization from compressor device.

benorb
Level 3

Thanks for the repsonses. I assumed there were plenty of people out there with this configuration, but just hadn't seen anything. For once no news is good news!