cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault archiving on a daily basis. Should be monthly!

MSO_Andy
Level 3

Hello all. We're having an issue with one of our company computers. The vast majority of our machines run Windows 7 and use Outlook 2003. Enterprise Vault archives all emails on these systems that are more than a month old. This works fine on all of our machines, but recently a newly built machine has been archiving emails on a daily basis for one of our users. She is also on a Windows 7 PC and is using Outlook 2003. We've attempted completely removing both of these programs and then reinstalling them, but the problem keeps occuring. Does anyone have any idea of what may be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello MSO Andy,

Could you please check which Mailbox Archiving policy is assigned to this user. It could be because of the policy.

Also have you checked with the user whether she manually archives items.

Also you can Zap the Mailbox hidden settings(which is enterprise vault hidden message planted on the mailbox) and then enable the user with the desired policy.

You can follow the below article for how to Zap.

How to remove Enterprise Vault (EV) properties from vault enabled mailboxes.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35614

I hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A_J1
Level 6

Hello MSO Andy,

Could you please check which Mailbox Archiving policy is assigned to this user. It could be because of the policy.

Also have you checked with the user whether she manually archives items.

Also you can Zap the Mailbox hidden settings(which is enterprise vault hidden message planted on the mailbox) and then enable the user with the desired policy.

You can follow the below article for how to Zap.

How to remove Enterprise Vault (EV) properties from vault enabled mailboxes.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35614

I hope this helps !!!

A_J1
Level 6

Just to add, Its not because of the Outlook-addin as archiving is done by the EV Server and we don't require Outlook Add-in for that.

Outlook-addin is used by the end user.

MSO_Andy
Level 3

Great, thanks for your help! I've inherited this system and I'm not sure how to check the Mailbox Archiving Policy. Is it something in Enterprise Vault or are you talking about a group policy in active directory? Thanks

FreKac2
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It's in the Enterprise Vault Console.

You can find more information in the "Setting_up_exchange_server_archiving.pdf" guide on where to locate the policies.

MSO_Andy
Level 3

I think I've got this sorted now. It was a policy issue! Thanks for all your help!