Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault reporting and cleanup

bkruizenga
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I have a customer that is moving away from Enterprise Vault (only because the new supplier does not cater for this).

They have collected a lot of stuff over the years and they don't want to just "export the lot".

I'm trying to get the following questions answered (a "no" is OK, but needs to be substantiated).

1. Possibility to track (report) the activity on an archive. How often is an archive consulted (mostly Archive Explorer), so not only the most recent action.

2. Possibility to remove (detach) attachments from archived items, so only the messages will be restored (without the attachments)

3. Possibility to report the size rate between archived messages and archived attachments in an archive (i.e. a 2GB archive contains of 1.4 GB of attachments and 0.6 GB of messages)

Help is appreciated.

BR
Bert Kruizenga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Bert,

My answers in-line:

1. Possibility to track (report) the activity on an archive. How often is an archive consulted (mostly Archive Explorer), so not only the most recent action.

Do they have Reporting and/or Auditing enabled?  If yes, you might be able to get some reports on this.  If not, no.

2. Possibility to remove (detach) attachments from archived items, so only the messages will be restored (without the attachments)

No.

3. Possibility to report the size rate between archived messages and archived attachments in an archive (i.e. a 2GB archive contains of 1.4 GB of attachments and 0.6 GB of messages)

Not AFAIK, EV tracks the size of the entire message in the SaveSet table, not message and attachment.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Bert,

My answers in-line:

Do they have Reporting and/or Auditing enabled?  If yes, you might be able to get some reports on this.  If not, no.

No.

Not AFAIK, EV tracks the size of the entire message in the SaveSet table, not message and attachment.

Regards,