cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault settings for additional Exchange Mailbox Server

legioon
Level 4
Hi, I have one Enterprise Vault Server (version: 10.0.3.1090) . And, I have just one Exchange Server 2010 Sp3. It's working fine.I can archive mailbox for a long time. My Enterprise Vault service account name : evadmin, My Enterprise Vault system mailbox name : evadminmailbox, Now, I have installed additional Exchange Server 2010 Sp3 (Only Mailbox Role) and created new databases. I will move all mailbox to new databases on new exchange server. What should i do on enterprise vault server before move my all mailbox ? Should i create new system mailbox and grant new permissions for it ? Which steps should i do for this operation? Thanks you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, create a new system mailbox for that Exchange server.

Refer to this TN: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000032119

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling

Yes, create a new system mailbox for that Exchange server.

Refer to this TN: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000032119

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Dont forget to include the dbs in the archiving task under "targets"

I recommend you to not publish your credentials for the enterprise vault service account, since it has a lot of rights in oyur environment.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you need to create a new EV system mailbox in a database on the new Exchange server but you also need to create a new mailbox archiving task for that server. also remember that if you're using DAGs you want to make sure that you always have a database with an EV system mailbox on each Exchange server.

legioon
Level 4

Hi all thank you for your helps ! I'll try it now :)

legioon
Level 4

Hi friends,

I just want to ask one basic question. Is that require to run ".\SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 -user domain\user_name [-server exchange_mailbox_server] [-version exchange_version]" script for my new exchange server ?

Thanks

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you've already done it for the service account then no

legioon
Level 4

thanks!

GertjanA

On the link Tony gave, make sure to do this: Implement the SynchInMigrationMode Registry setting.

Otherwise you might get duplicate archives, which is annoying.

Regards. Gertjan