cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault is archiving 3 days and older emails

phil_x
Level 2

Hi There,

I have a problem with one of our users outlook arcive settings. For some reason outlook is archiving 3 days and older emails. He can not remove anything from his inbox as it will delete it from the vault as well. The only thing I can think of is the user must of been changed/played with the enterprise vault setting in outlook. As a default emails get archived after 90 days in our organization.

We use outlook 2010 with Enterprise Vault Client 10.0.3.1090

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You can't easily troubleshoot this sort of issue without access to both server side and client side.  Doesn't have to be the affect users machine, can be another machine, but you have to be able to connect to that users mailbox and view the folder properties.

This viewing can be turned off in the policy on the server.

This viewing can also not be visible with certain versions of the client which use HTTP client functionality.

You'd be able to see the exact version of the client, and whether it's in HTTP mode by looking at the Outlook Add-in log file (It's in %temp% by default on the client machine)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What version of EV do you have on the server? Does the mailbox archiving report showing anything interesting?

Secondly.. if you suspect that the user has modified the settings on individual folders, then, go take a look at the folders using Outlook (properties of the folder, EV tab).

Thirdly ... change the policy to stop users being able to do that :)

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

quota based? Rules?

Regards. Gertjan

phil_x
Level 2

Hi There,

Thanks for the replies. I am pretty sure user has modified some settings accidently while he was on enterprise vault tan on outlook. I have checked the properties of the inbox folder. I don't get the EV tab, there is general, homepage, autoarcive, permissions and synchronization tabs.

I do not have access the server, I will get someone to look at it. Sorry this is the only info I have. is there anything I can try to resolve it on the client site? I have logged in as him on a difrrent machine and configure the outlook but it is the same.

Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You can't easily troubleshoot this sort of issue without access to both server side and client side.  Doesn't have to be the affect users machine, can be another machine, but you have to be able to connect to that users mailbox and view the folder properties.

This viewing can be turned off in the policy on the server.

This viewing can also not be visible with certain versions of the client which use HTTP client functionality.

You'd be able to see the exact version of the client, and whether it's in HTTP mode by looking at the Outlook Add-in log file (It's in %temp% by default on the client machine)