cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event 41008 Remains despite best efforts...

bob_cratchet
Level 3
Employee

I am running V7 sp2

Exchange 2003 SP2

Sql2000 sp4

i get the following error in the event log every morning.  the number never changes...

There are 79640 savesets that have not yet been backed up or replicated for Vault Store

I use a NetApp Filer for storage, and use the Trigger file Mechanism to switch the Archive bit.  This works for the most part, but not on these stubborn files.

I have done the thing where you switch the Pending Shortcut Timeout to 0 and Sync in report mode....  But still, they remain waiting Backup..........

Any Ideas how I can get rid of this annoying error which is ruining the clean look of my Event Logs!!  :)

2 REPLIES 2

MarkB_2
Level 4

Sure it's 7.0SP2? Just that in SP3 -> we changed how this file worked, and you need to create it daily, not just copy it over the .old file, http://support.veritas.com/docs/294372.

Best thing to do, manually re-create it, DTRACE StorageFileWatch, restart StorageService and check that it finds the .txt file, you could even Journal the A1 queue on the associated Exchange server:)

Mark B (from home!)

bob_cratchet
Level 3
Employee

Yeah, Sure it's 7.0-RG2133

The Queue's are all clear, I'm going to try recreatin the txt file and see if that helps....