Did you mean: 

Event Id 2776

Robert_H
Level 3

I'm having this issue on my EV Journaling Server,  

An exception occurred in routine

CExchangeArchivableItem::Initialise

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION @ 0x 540000

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Journalling is not occuring, messages are flowing into the Journal mailbox, but they are sitting there and not getting processed.

My case has been passed all around the symantec support world .   Any thoughts here?

EV 7.5 SP1

Win2K3 Standard edition SP2.

Outlook 2003 SP2

Exchange 2003 SP2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_H
Level 3

There had been no changes to the environment, the short 0x was followed by the 5400000

This has now been resolved by applying SP3 to my environment.  On Tuesday it was noted that the only mention of 2776 was for SP3, and it took us a couple of days to make the decision to apply SP3.

Then we applied a hotfix, which was just released on Tuesday by backline support.

Date: 15.07.2008
Revision: 1 

Product: Enterprise Vault
Version: 7.5 SP3

Title: Hotfix: Etracks 1231104 and 1300165 - Journaling Task problems

Dependencies
============
Enterprise Vault v7.5 SP3

Description of problem
======================
Problem 1:
JournalTask can take more than 5 minutes to process a single message when scanning large amounts of users and distribution lists (including recursive distribution lists)

Problem 2:
With certain messages that are appearing in a Journal mailbox, the JournalTask reports the following error:
E2003JournalReportHelper::ProcessEnvelopeBody - Exception Occurred
[EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION @ 0x7814715B]

Description of solution
=======================
Problem 1 solution: As we walk the DL hierarchy, we now take a copy all SMTP addresses to create an all-encompassing set that can be searched when doing the cross-referencing. 

Problem 2 solution:
Updated ProcessEnvelopeBody() method.  Now we cope with blank lines in both Recipient Information and Sender Information.

Files updated
=============
ExchangeItemsU.dll

Installation Instructions
=========================
1. Stop the Enterprise Vault Services
2. Backup the following file in the Enterprise Vault installation directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\):

ExchangeItemsU.dll

3. Replace the following file in the Enterprise Vault installation directory with the one from this hotfix:

ExchangeItemsU.dll

4. Restart the Services

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Robert

Out of the blue: Seems like a permission issue...

Have you already dtraced it?

Any logs from there?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Robert_H
Level 3

It has been dtraced, they have them and are looking through it.  Nothing seems to jump out at it.

My Journal mailbox now has a nice 225K messages in it and growin..

MarkB_2
Level 4

Any changes been made to the environment? I presume this was working previously?

Also, was the error correctly pasted as I don't recall seeing a short 0x error. 

Robert_H
Level 3

There had been no changes to the environment, the short 0x was followed by the 5400000

This has now been resolved by applying SP3 to my environment.  On Tuesday it was noted that the only mention of 2776 was for SP3, and it took us a couple of days to make the decision to apply SP3.

Then we applied a hotfix, which was just released on Tuesday by backline support.

Date: 15.07.2008
Revision: 1 

Product: Enterprise Vault
Version: 7.5 SP3

Title: Hotfix: Etracks 1231104 and 1300165 - Journaling Task problems

Dependencies
============
Enterprise Vault v7.5 SP3

Description of problem
======================
Problem 1:
JournalTask can take more than 5 minutes to process a single message when scanning large amounts of users and distribution lists (including recursive distribution lists)

Problem 2:
With certain messages that are appearing in a Journal mailbox, the JournalTask reports the following error:
E2003JournalReportHelper::ProcessEnvelopeBody - Exception Occurred
[EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION @ 0x7814715B]

Description of solution
=======================
Problem 1 solution: As we walk the DL hierarchy, we now take a copy all SMTP addresses to create an all-encompassing set that can be searched when doing the cross-referencing. 

Problem 2 solution:
Updated ProcessEnvelopeBody() method.  Now we cope with blank lines in both Recipient Information and Sender Information.

Files updated
=============
ExchangeItemsU.dll

Installation Instructions
=========================
1. Stop the Enterprise Vault Services
2. Backup the following file in the Enterprise Vault installation directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\):

ExchangeItemsU.dll

3. Replace the following file in the Enterprise Vault installation directory with the one from this hotfix:

ExchangeItemsU.dll

4. Restart the Services