cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task Failing

Divya_Prakash_J
Level 3

Following is what I am getting in event viewer when I run 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task'.

The Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for <Exchg Server Name>' failed to log on to Exchange server '<Exchg Server Name>' using mailbox 'SMTP:<mailbox_name>'. Please ensure the mailbox has not been hidden, that the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server. 

I have made sure that <mailbox_name> mailbox has 'send as' permission granted. Also VSA account has all required permission granted on exchange server AD.

Any pointer would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Does your EV service account has the correct rights in Exchange ?

The EV service account needs to have the send-as permission and cannot be hidden.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Is the System mailbox hidden? Try to give the task a different system mailbox, can it list mailboxes available.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Also just simply try opening the system mailbox in Outlook on the EV server when logged in as the Vault Service Account. If you can open the mailbox, try sending a message. This error is normally due to a permission issue, but could potentially be a problem with the profiles in Outlook on the EV server

Divya_Prakash_J
Level 3

I could able to open system mailbox in outlook in EV server. What I did was, I ran "runas" command for my VSA account & under that context, I opened outlook. When outlook opened, it asked me to configure it. I manually configured it giving my system mailbox account name. It successfully worked. I could able to sync to exchange & also send & receive mails.

Let me know what else I can try out?

Divya_Prakash_J
Level 3

I have granted all the permissions on exchange server AD. Also I have granted send as permission to VSA.

I am not sure about whether it is hidden or not. Though I am not clear how to check that as well. Could you let me know how to check that?

Let me know what more could be try out?