cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task - "running"

MadAsToast
Level 3

Hi,

I have a potential issue with the Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task, in a nutshell this task is always showing as "running" never "processing" as other tasks do.

On the mailboxes it clearly identifies the emails it wishes to archive, and tags them as "This item is being archived by Enterprise Vault etc etc" however it never actually archives them and they sit in this state. I have this running on outlook 2003 & 2007 with the same results so perhaps I am missing somethig obvious? When I first installed this (before i implemented a PST migration task) all was working fine (It started archiving in small numbers).

Additionally can anyone clarify in the scheduling are the blue area or the white areas the times the task runs as tasks often overrun the times and I would like to check this. 

Any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Blue is "should run", white is "should not run".

As for the archiving:

You have got items in the "pending" state (clock symbol), is this correct?

Then you probably have set the Vault Store Partition's "safety copy" setting to "after backup", and you are doing no backup.

Pending items then turn into full shortcuts only if the Saveset on disk is backed up (archive bit removed).

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Blue is "should run", white is "should not run".

As for the archiving:

You have got items in the "pending" state (clock symbol), is this correct?

Then you probably have set the Vault Store Partition's "safety copy" setting to "after backup", and you are doing no backup.

Pending items then turn into full shortcuts only if the Saveset on disk is backed up (archive bit removed).

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MadAsToast
Level 3

Outstanding! :)

Many Thanks for this I was close to pulling my hair out.

MadAsToast