cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PST question

morrisok
Level 4

I am looking to export all items with one retention category applied to a pst, then rearchive them with another retention category. Is there a way to ensure items in the archive that are being exported are delete from the archive? I do not want to have duplicate items (one with each retention categiry) after re-archviing.

Thanks,

EV 8.0.4 for MS Exchange | Windows 2008 STD 64bit sp2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The only way to get the export to delete is if you're doing :-

* Export Archive from the VAC

* Choosing a particular folder structure, per this screenshot :

You will probably have to do a 2-step procedure.  Do the export first (and verify you got what you expected), and then do an Advanced Browser search (search.asp?advanced=3) and do the delete from there.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The only way to get the export to delete is if you're doing :-

* Export Archive from the VAC

* Choosing a particular folder structure, per this screenshot :

You will probably have to do a 2-step procedure.  Do the export first (and verify you got what you expected), and then do an Advanced Browser search (search.asp?advanced=3) and do the delete from there.

morrisok
Level 4

Thanks,

I was looking at that option, but that is going to get messy :\ Was hoping for an easier way to do it,

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yep .. Unfortunately there isn't :(

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how many archives do you have to do this for?

morrisok
Level 4

I have to do it for about 30 archives :(

morrisok
Level 4

If i import the pst back into the mailbox, and choose to not create shortcuts, will the shortcut processing update the link between the stub and the re-archived message?

DavidO
Level 4
Partner

Won't Enterprise vault mailbox archiving automatically change the retention for you?  You should be able to use EVPM to change the retention on the mailbox, and after mailbox archiving is run, it should set the retention for you.

We have a product which can do this also, but with recent versions of EV it has not been required.  Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Dave

http://www.vault-solutions.com