cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Archive point no longer recognised

ronw
Level 4
I am running Enterprise Vault 7.1 and it has been running fine for some time. However one FSA server is no longer archiving and the following appears in the report "There are no archive points associated with this volume." Obviously there is an archive point I can see it in the console. How do I refresh/renew the archive point so that EVA knows it is there and resumes archiving. All my other FSA servers are working fine
3 REPLIES 3

sym_se_support0
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
The ArchivePoints utility provides a convenient means to create and manage "archive points". These points mark the top of each folder structure that File System Archiving is to store in a single archive.

Use "archivepoints create" as described in the Utilities Guide

Page 7
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/289862.pdf

ronw
Level 4
I already have an archive point created on the file server. It has been there for several years. If I execute archivepoints read fileserver share it sees the share there. Will running archivepoints again help or hinder my problem.
Note I am talking about File Archiving not email as mentioned in your reply

Thanks

jlstar
Level 3
The archivepoints we've created on our File servers do disappear from time to time.  It happens on different file share volumes.  We got a very long instruction from support to manually recreate the hidden archivedpoints file on the File server.  There is no explanation why these happen ... but I suggest you to contact them how you manually recover it without messing configuration on the EV server.