Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA EV 10 SP1 Clustered File server

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, 

Is it mandatory to make placeholder service highly available? Or optional for FSA EV 10 SP1 Clustered File server

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Ok, I just re-read the doc and I think you are going to be ok. (had to refresh my memory as it has been awhile. smiley)

The Setting up FSA doc has the following note:

Note: In an environment where Windows file servers are grouped in a cluster, the FSA Agent must be installed on each cluster node.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

Hiya,

Why wouldn't you want to set the agent up as a clustered resource? 

TS

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

We can do that later, just don't have approval from customer as it has to go through their change control process and will take time. Just want to know if we don't set placeholder services as clustered then it will still work fine or not, i.e. placeholder creation and retrieval of placeholders will work fine!

Thanks

TonySterling

Ah, ok.  I think I see what you are saying.  One more question, are you setting the file server up as a virtual server target(cluster) or are you going to target the server directly?

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Virtual File server, placeholder service is installed in both nodes.

TonySterling

Ok, I just re-read the doc and I think you are going to be ok. (had to refresh my memory as it has been awhile. smiley)

The Setting up FSA doc has the following note:

Note: In an environment where Windows file servers are grouped in a cluster, the FSA Agent must be installed on each cluster node.

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony