cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA - Scheduled Task not starting

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

I have a server EV SP4 dedicated to FSA. On this server are set 10 tasks targeting with various policies different volumes/folders.

I've noticed that the the archive task are not running at the scheduled time (and is more than a month now).

Because I-ve inherited this system, I cant say what happened 1 month ago but I've checked the following:

1. start the task manually works fine (scheduled ones no). I can say this because I've checked the log on the "reports" folder.

2. I've checked on the "task" table on the  directory DB and the value "UseSiteSchedule" is set to 0 for the task that don't inherit the schedule, 1 for the others.

3. no errors on the applications/enterprise vault log. It seems the tasks are not bothered at all to start.

Have you got any idea what could be and what I can investigate?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

after a restart the tasks are ok!!!

Thanks for all your answers anyway!

Cheers

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Does a run now work?

Could you set up a dtrace of the beginning of the schedule?

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The first thing I'd do is look at the FSA archive task propertiesin the VAC and check the schedule there.   Check to see what it's schedule is and if it is actually set to run.  Check the status tab as well. 

What's the startup type set to: Automatic, Manual or Disabled?

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

I've recreated the task, and checked that the status is running, automatic mode.

I've changed the schedule to start in few mins for couple of hours.

Dtrace is open and is monitoring "EVFSAArchivingTask".

On the VAC it says the task is running and on the scheduled tab I've set to start in few mins "6pm" for 2 hours.

I'll let you know the results.

Thanks 

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

ok the new task didnt run at all.

Event didnt create the folder/report. dtrace evfsaarchivetast was completly plain too.

Have you got any suggestions?

Cheers

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

If you go to the properties of the volume in the Vault Admin Console is the FSA task correctly selected? Also is "Archive this volume" selected?

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

1. yes the FSA task is sectected correctly (and greyed out because the tusk is running)

2. the "archive this volume" is ticked

Plus, the problem is not only for this task, but for all the FSA scheduled tasks. All of them run when manually started but ignore completly the scheduled time.

Cheers

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

The next thing to check will be the schedule in the task properties. If it is set to use the site schedule try setting it to use its own schedule instead. Also make sure that you don't have the whole block set to on (blue) as that can sometimes cause problems

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi Nick,

no the task has got its own schedule (6pm to 10pm).

Because is not starting (I can see it because no logs are left in the reports/FSA folders).

I confirm that ALL the FSA scheduled task are not running.

Cheers 

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you create a archive point for the share you are archiving...Sorry it may sound rudimentary but it is often missed

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

yes the archive point has been created and checked with the utility "archivepoints".

Cheers

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

after a restart the tasks are ok!!!

Thanks for all your answers anyway!

Cheers