cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA-What would keep EV from processing files during an archive run?

tluncefo
Level 4
Partner

I suspect something is going on with the file server, but I need to be able to prove it.  The archiving task kicks off at 3:30 am and runs to 6 pm - without archiving anything or processing any files until around noon or so.  The archive report shows that the Start time is 3:30 am.  The backup of this particular file server runs from 6 pm until about 3:30 am. 

What can I dtrace to find out what is going on with the file server from 3:30 am until noon?

FYI - this has been a consistent pattern for several weeks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

But if using v9.0.x the amount of time to get started if checkpointing is in use is considerably reduced so I would not expect many hours of doing nothing as a result. If this is v8, then that is certainly a possibility.

Darren

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Do you have a volume with many folders / subfolders structure?

If you have FSACheckpoint enabled and a structure of many folders / subfolders it can be happening than the delay you see from the moment in time that the tasks starts until it archives something is related with the time spent by the walking thread trying to find the last folder processed.

You can dtrace the FileSystemArchivingTask in the EVserver and the EVPlaceholderService in the file server.

I think thats the answer you are looking for.

Kind regards.

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

But if using v9.0.x the amount of time to get started if checkpointing is in use is considerably reduced so I would not expect many hours of doing nothing as a result. If this is v8, then that is certainly a possibility.

Darren